We may collect website visitors’ contact information (like their email addresses) Unless you object in writing, this information may be used:
- to send news, information about our activities and general promotional material which we believe may be useful to you;
- to monitor who is accessing the website or using services offered on the website; and
- to profile the type of people accessing the website.
If you do not wish to have your personal information used in this manner or for any other specific purpose please contact us.
We may utilise “cookies” to enable us to monitor traffic patterns and to serve you more efficiently if you re-visit the site. A cookie does not identify you personally but it does identify your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie and this will provide you with an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance.
Your Personal Information
We will not sell or otherwise provide your personal information to a third party, or make any other use of your personal information, for any purpose which is not incidental to your use of this website. For the removal of doubt, personal information will not be used for any purpose, which a reasonable person in your position would not expect.
If you request us not to use personal information in a particular manner or at all, we will adopt all reasonable measures to observe your request but we may still use or disclose that information if:
- We will preserve the content of any e-mail you send us if we believe we have the legal requirement to do so.
- Your e-mail message content may be monitored by us for trouble-shooting or maintenance purposes or if any form of e-mail abuse is suspected.
Personal information, which we collect, may be aggregated for analysis but in such circumstances, we would ensure that individuals would remain anonymous.
All personal information which (don’t need) we collect (including your contact details and, if relevant, credit card details) is kept confidential.
You are entitled to have access to any personal information relating to you which you have previously supplied to us over this website. You are entitled to edit or delete such information unless we are required by law to retain it.
No internet data transmission can be guaranteed as totally secure. We do not warrant and cannot guarantee the security of any information which you transmit to us. Accordingly, any information, which you transmit to us, is transmitted at your own risk. Nevertheless, once we receive your transmission, we will take all reasonable steps to preserve the security of the information.
Termination of Access
Access to this website may be terminated at any time by us without notice. Our disclaimer will nevertheless survive any termination.
The Beet Retreat including any related bodies corporate is committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal information obtained from individuals. This deals with the collection, use and disclosure of personal information as well as access to personal information and security issues.
The term ‘personal information’ is used in this policy to refer to information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from information or opinion.
Collection of Personal Information
The type of personal information that The Beet Retreat collects about you depends on the transactions you undertake with the organisation. For example we will collect personal information from you if you;
- purchase products from The Beet Retreat
- register for services
- subscribe to a journal or newsletter
- register at The Beet Retreat website(s)
Generally speaking, the purpose of collection and the minimum information you need to provide to The Beet Retreat, will be conveyed to you at the time of collection.
If you choose not to provide personal information requested, The Beet Retreat may not be able to provide you with the products/services you require.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Your personal information may be used in order to:
- provide the products and services you have requested
- administer and manage service offerings, including charging, billing and collecting debts
- research and develop what The Beet Retreat service offerings
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for The Beet Retreat to provide you with a better service
- provide information to ensure compliance with The Beet Retreat Constitution and Bylaws (in the case of members)
- provide you with access to and information about a range of current and future service offerings
- provide The Beet Retreat’s Business and Marketing Partners with information so that they may contact you in relation to their service offerings.
When we disclose your personal information?
For the purposes set out above, The Beet RetreatLtd may disclose your personal information to third-party organisations. The organisations to which The Beet Retreat discloses information may include:
- external service providers to whom The Beet Retreat has contracted out functions, such as printers, mailing houses, advertising agencies, but only for the purpose of providing the service The Beet Retreat has contracted out
- The Beet Retreat’s Business and Marketing Partners
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law
- The Beet Retreat’s professional advisers
- The Beet Retreat related companies
- other professional bodies
You may at any time opt out of certain service offerings. For more information contact us.
The Beet Retreat takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent (delete) on the information you provide.
We recommend that you;
- Advise if there are any errors in your personal information;
- Advise any changes to your information.
The Beet Retreat will take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
The Beet Retreat’s personnel are trained to treat member and other customer information with the utmost confidentiality.
You can request access to your information.
Individuals will be able to access their personal information by contacting The Beet Retreat or the Privacy Officer.
Upon request, The Beet Retreat will provide you with access to your personal information, subject to exceptions stated in the Privacy Act. The Beet Retreat reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to information. If you would like access, please make your request in writing for security reasons.
Members can access and update their contact details and member profile online.
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact us.
+61 (0) 407 967 462
The Privacy Officer
The Beet Retreat
55 One Tree Hill Road
Smiths Gully Vic 3760