Overnight Oats with Blueberry Cashew Cream
Adapted from naturallysassy
- 1/2 – 1 banana mashed
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup almond or other nut or plant milk (part coconut milk is nice too but higher fat)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp fresh ground flaxseeds
- 1/2 tsp of Vanilla paste or 1/2 scoop of Sunwarrior Raw Vegan Protein Powder (Vanilla)
- 1 tsp each of finely grated ginger and turmeric using a microplane
- Pinch of Black Pepper to maximise the absorption of the Turmeric.
Blueberry-Banana Cashew Cream:
- 1/2 banana (frozen if possible)
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 medjool date
- 2 tbsp raw cashew nuts
- 2-4 tbsp of water/ plant milk
- Mash the banana with a fork.
- Add remainder of oat mixture and mix together in a bowl.
- For the creamy topping add all topping ingredients to a blender and blend until totally smooth. add the oats to the bottom of a jar, or glass.
- I like to add a layer of chopped walnuts and some whole blueberries and top it all with the cream.
- Leave in the fridge overnight and enjoy in the morning with some more walnuts and blueberries on top. Sunflower seeds are also a good addition.