with Black Beans, Sesame Miso Gravy, Green Onions and Purple Cabbage.
ADAPTED FROM Emily Von Euw of This Rawsome Vegan Life
- 2 large yams
- Tahini Miso Gravy 1/2 cup water 3 Tbsp tahini 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar 1 heaping Tbsp miso paste**
- 1 tsp maple syrup
1 peeled garlic clove
1 tsp – a chunk peeled ginger
- 1 tsp of Turmeric
- Chilli Flakes and Black Pepper to taste.
Soy Free Option:
- Add up to 1 TBS more Tahini or a small handful of cashews
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Freedom Foods Vegespread
- Pinch salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 1/16 Chilli Flakes
- 1/16 turmeric
- 2 cups cooked black beans 1/3 cup chopped green onions 1/3 cup chopped purple cabbage
- 1 avocado
- Handful of chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 175c
- Wash the Sweet Potatoes, then slice them in half lengthwise and bake them cut side down for 45-60 minutes, or until they are bubbling and tender all the way through (test with a fork).
- Mash a little space into them so you have a place to put the toppings.
- To make the gravy, blend all ingredients until smooth in a blender. If it is too thin, add more tahini or a handful of cashews.
- If it is too thick, add more water.
- Top off the yams with the beans, Spring onions, and purple cabbage, then drizzle with the gravy and top with Avo and Walnuts
- Serve with sumptuous green salad as always!
- Try Hummus instead of Miso Gravy
- Add Coriander